WHAT IS THE 4LITERS CHALLENGE?
• Most Americans take water completely for granted. For 24 hours, live on just four liters of water and learn how much water matters, and how difficult life would be without it. Help us fight drought and water poverty, worldwide!
WHY JUST FOUR LITERS?
• Four liters is the minimum amount of water you need to survive for a day -- about 2-3 liters to drink and a little more to wash your hands and prepare some food.
• Four liters is just 1% of the >400 liters (105 gal) the average American uses on a daily basis. (The most in the world.)
HOW DOES IT WORK?
• Use just four liters of water for 24 hours for everything ... cooking, cleaning, drinking and bathing.
• At 4pm, show us how much water you have left in a video or picture post with the hashtag #4liters.
• Challenge two friends to take over within 48 hours or donate $4 to clean water projects.
• Brands and other organizations support the campaign, participate internally and provide prizes and messaging for participants
THE 4LITERS CHALLENGE RUNS SEPTEMBER 27- OCTOBER 31, 2015.